Thursday 6 October 2011

Swirls & Nuts

As most of you know, my cat of the last 20 years passed away on Tuesday.  He was having trouble standing up and his eyes were red.  My mom fed him and wrapped him in a towel and put him in his basket.  By the time she got home from work he was gone.  I of course found out on Facebook.  Merrick woke me up and straight up said, "Pam, Boots is dead." and then rolled over to go back to bed.  I looked at him and said you are kidding? He said,  "Nope,  he's dead."  I start crying and then say, "No more Boots?"  I knew he was close to death, but didn't think the day was ever going to come.  It came.  He is gone and when I come home I he won't be there.  He was a great cat.  I will miss him a lot!  I appreciate all the love on Facebook.  I didn't think Boots meant so much to people, but he did.  I love Trent's comment the most: "I only got the privilege to meet the little guy a couple of times and his breath alone gave me an ever-lasting memory.  A great feline in his own right.  He will be missed."

Well, on to other news...Merrick and I have another double date tomorrow with the people we met after our first run (the people who work for Fluor and know Mills).  We are finally on the same schedule and will meet for drinks tomorrow.  Josh texted Merrick after 3 weeks and asked if we wanted to meet, he's excited. We will see how it goes.  I will keep you guys posted!

(Merrick wants to chime in)

hey guys its merrick.  Pam has got really crazy, all she cares about is our tomato plants outside.  She is really great though, I cant believe how good of a cook she has become.  I know she hates me saying it, but the girl really has a talent.  She does homemade hummus, tazikiki, pickled peppers, and can cook up a storm! Its awesome!!!!  I really hope everyone will save up some $ and try and take advantage of our situation and come out here.  Its so much fun you cant believe it.  Im sure we will come home eventually, but right now we are just living it up.   besides that I have to be stupid....I walk around the house in my underwear and she hates it.  I keep hearing the same line "Merrick, put some pants on!" it really bothers me.  Love you all.  I hate pants.

He drives me nuts, but I love hims to pieces!  He is my skinny best friend.  I have been so proud of him with his weight loss and him building his "beach muscles".  He has been working really hard at the gym and you guys would be really proud of him. Wait till we head to Bali and you see his ultimate reveal! :)

On a sad note, my best friends will be united in Greenville this weekend for Erin's baby shower.  I will not be in attendance, but I will be there in spirit!  I love you ladies and I hope you all have fun!





1 comment:

  1. You will definitely be missed! And so will Boots!

    ReplyDelete