Tuesday 16 August 2011

❤ Starting to Feel Like Home ❤

So, I have been here for over a month now! It's crazy! It doesn't feel like I have been here that long! Merrick and I have been out and about running, fishing, meeting up with new friends, and enjoying some (finally) sun out in the backyard. We have been in the works for doing some traveling around Perth and I am pretty excited! We are heading to Margaret River (its really a beach community), which is about 3 hours South of Perth.  They have great hiking paths through caves, beautiful beaches, and our favorite...wineries! People usually camp out there, but the weather is so sketchy right now we might just stay in a hotel! Here is what we can expect! I'm excited!

Margaret River Beach
                            

Margaret River Caves

Margaret River Winery



Back to reality, we have been on the search for a gym and it has been a lot harder than we thought.  Everything has to be paid weekly and its like $40 a week. That's pricey!  Luckily, we found a gym down the street from us and since it's new we got so many discounts! So, we are paying $10 a week!  It's called, The Rise Community Center. There are basketball courts (Merrick has a bad ankle and it scares him to play), a library (I'm not a reader, but being able to check out books and cd's excites me), and other community classes we can take.  But here is a picture of the front of it. It's Huge!

A great side note, Merrick did a really sweet thing the other day.  He got me a 4-week photography course downtown! I start the beginning of September and can't wait!  It looks really cool and hopefully I can meet some more friends! It has different levels and this one will just teach me about editing and then I can advance to other classes!

Lastly, Merrick and I were on FB and he was commenting on how he will never be the guy that will take a thousand pictures.  Everyone knows how I love picture taking and since we have been dating my picture taking has gone through a huge decline.  I told him the other night that he needs to suck it up! I am a picture taker and I have a lot of pictures to take. Especially, since I am taking a photography class. He said he will try and step up to the plate, but I just couldn't make him look like a fool.  I agreed.

So, all in all we are happy and know we found a great place to live!  We have some great adventures planned and I am going to take the lessons i've learned in my photography class and take a million pictures of Merrick and I.  I'm sure he's excited about that!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's starting to feel like home and am super jealous of the trip to Margaret River! It looks so pretty! I wish I had the time and money for one last girls trip before Anderson arrives. Oh well! Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete