Wednesday 20 July 2011

First Week Surprises

Merrick had some great things lined up for my first week here in Perth.  I got here last Monday and first thing that was on the agenda was unpacking and organizing our place to my liking.  I figured since he had to work I had the opportunity to rearrange things and make our house more homey.

Here is our favorite part, the view from our backyard:


Looking out to this everyday will never get old.  I will put pictures up of the house as soon as we get better weather.  We are in the middle of winter right now, so, we are getting a lot of rain and it's been really chilly. I hate taking pictures when its all dark and gloomy.

But here are some more pictures I took when the sun did come out.  When it is nice out Merrick and I eat on the porch.



If we aren't eating at home then we are out experimenting with the diverse cuisine they have here!  Our first night out we went to Korean BBQ.  If you've never experienced this, you need too!  You order raw meat and you cook it yourself on a grill in front of you!  They give you great condiments and little salads to accompany the meat and its so good!  

Here are some pictures taken from my ipod at Tong 86:
 They give you rice, green onion salad, kimchi, and egg smelt.
 This is Soju. It Korean rice wine with an alcohol proof of 70. We had 3 of these.
 Here we have brisket, ox tongue, and pork cheek meat.
 This is how you cook it.
 Happy and in love.
This is after the Soju and Sapporo's.

Here is my favorite part so far.  Merrick took me to go pet the Kangaroos and Koalas. We were a little hung over from our Korean BBQ night, but we were excited!  Merrick heard it was the place to go to experience Kangaroos and Koalas. Here are the pictures.





I'll stop blogging for now.  I am a little addicted. Thanks Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment