Monday 25 July 2011

Gone Fishing

Merrick and I have been seeing a bunch of people fishing along the river lately.  So, we went to Kmart yesterday and got us some fishing rods and a little tackle box.  We figured it was simple. Get rods, get fish. Easy enough.

After about 3 hours of fishing, all we got were muddy shoes, mosquito bites, and an empty tackle box.  We had cut more fishing line than actually fished.  All we got from our first fishing experience were our new friends, ducks who were after our bread.
Merrick repairing my fishing line. 
While Merrick fixed the rods, I messed with the ducks.


We gave up fishing after they showed up.

First fishing trip...fail.


The positive part of our day was that we had found this guy named Robert who sells great seafood out of his trailer. He has been in business for 30 years! He had all kinds of people lined up!  He had some great specials and Merrick and I took advantage of his seafood. We got 2-kg of mussels, 1-kg of squid, and 1-kg of huge prawns!!

I've never cooked seafood before so I was nervous when Merrick said he wanted to do "Bonefish Mussels".  We love Bonefish mussels and their Bang Bang Shrimp! Here is my final product!

It actually turned out delicious! 

Enjoying the biggest mussel in the batch!

All gone!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of you too makes me laugh! looks like yall had a lot of fun out there, and Merrick you're looking very slender these days, eat some more muscles my friend. Job well done on the dinner Pam. Whether your bad ass camera helps or not, it looks verrry good. You're becoming so domesticated. keep up the good work. miss you. lets have a phone call soon. k bye

    ReplyDelete